Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
Last updated: March 20, 2019
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the RemoteFriends.com website (the “Service”) operated by RemoteFriends (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
It’s important that you read the TOS below and familiarise yourself with them to ensure that you are using the service appropriately. The terms below are the only basis for the service, and you must not modify or redistribute them without linking to this original page. Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
Your Obligations to RemoteFriends
- You accept all liability for your actions when using the service (see below).
- You will not only read, but familiarise yourself and agree to the TOS. If you are confused or require support, you will seek the assistance of RemoteFriends.
- You are aged 16 or over.
- You may only have one account open and active at any time.
- You are the sole user of your profile. Account sharing is against the TOS.
- You will use the service only as it’s intended, as well as responsibly.
- You will not sell, lease or gift any part of the service at all without written consent from RemoteFriends.
- You will not use the service as a platform to promote, advertise or spam.
- You will comply with all terms below.
Description of RemoteFriends
- The RemoteFriends service is a social media platform which is web-based, allowing you to sign-up and create an online profile on the website.
- The only intended use of the service is for meeting new people and friends online. These people, or members fall into several categories which are friendship, relationships, pen pals, language exchange, gaming friends and travel partners.
- Once signed up to the service, you will have access to your own profile, as well as the members directories which contain other registered members to the service. From your profile, you can fill in all other optional fields which is used to complete your profile, allowing you to show up in user-defined search results. You also have the possibility to post photos, wall content, forums, groups, activity, private messages, quotes, slideshows, biographies and contact information.
To use the service and have access to its social features, you must create an account. You can do this by pressing the Sign-up/Register button at the top of the page.
- To register, you must provide a valid Username, Email Address and Password. You are also required to provide basic information which allows you to show up in members directories, which includes Name, Gender, Age, Looking For, Relationship Status, and Country. There is also a City and Relationship Status field, although these are optional. Before being allowed to enter the website as a member, you are required to activate your email, which you can do so by pressing the link inside the email.
- You are solely responsible for protecting your email address and password and keeping them both confidential.
- You are held responsible for any actions that happen under your account. RemoteFriends accepts no liability.
- In the event of an account breach, you agree to notify RemoteFriends immediately by contacting us.
- You are required to prevent a compromise of your accounts security by logging out after a session.
- You will not share any of your personal log-in details, or give access to your account to anyone else other than yourself.
- If RemoteFriends finds that you are providing inaccurate/false information, we reserve the right to suspend and/or terminate your account. Failure to comply will result in account termination and refusing use of the entire, or parts of the website again in the future.
- You will only represent yourself as an individual.
- You will update your account/profile settings to ensure that all information is active and up-to date.
- RemoteFriends has no obligation to check the accuracy/truthfulness of given information. Instead, we are able to proceed to account termination/suspension.
- RemoteFriends will not be liable for any actions taken on your account for failure to comply with this section.
- Signing up to the website RemoteFriends is only eligible under the following conditions:
- You must be 16 years or older to register and use the website.
- You must be an individual who intends to use the website for it’s true purpose of meeting others, and not for promotional/personal gain.
- You must only own one active account at once. Owning multiple accounts is forbidden, unless you no longer have access to your first account. If you need to open a new account, please email us first.
Failure to comply with any of these terms will result in account suspension/termination at RemoteFriends sole discretion.
By using the service, you are bound by all terms on this page. You agree to only use the service for its intended use, and not for anything that is considered unlawful or breaks any terms outlined on this page. Failure to comply with any of these terms may result in account suspension/termination.
You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account made by you including the content of your transmissions through the Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- This also includes copying/cloning information from other members profile to imitate them without their consent or knowledge.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying RemoteFriends.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others without their consent.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- You can not upload this content anywhere on the site, including but not limited to private messages, forums, groups, walls, activity feeds and information fields.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Upload files that contain promotional material or personal information.
- Upload, post, or transmit unsolicited commercial email or “spam”. This includes unethical marketing, advertising, or any other practice that is in any way connected with “spam”, such as promoting websites and services.
- Upload or link to any images depicting full or partial nudity, sexual activity, suggestion of sexual activity, pornography, illegal drug use, underwear, racist or hate symbols as determined by RemoteFriends.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless RemoteFriends specifically allows such messages.
- Advertise, offer for sale, or promote any item, good or Service.
- Use the Service as a forwarding or recruiting Service for another website or Service.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user RemoteFriends that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals. This may include, without limitation, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons or incendiary devices;
- Create a false or misleading identity of a RemoteFriends employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or to harvest or otherwise collect information about others.
- Solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users.
- Engage in commercial activities within RemoteFriends or on behalf of RemoteFriends without prior approval. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:i. Displaying a banner that is designed to profit you or any other business or organisation; and ii. Displaying banners for Services that provide cash or cash-equivalent prizes to users in exchange for hyperlinks to their web sites.
- Obscure any advertisements from general view via HTML/CSS or any other means.
- By using the RemoteFriends website, you agree that only yourself is permitted to access and use your account.
- You are responsible for keeping your login details secure, including your email address and password. You are not permitted to share these details with anyone else.
- RemoteFriends accepts no liability for any changes made to your account/profile. You are fully responsible for all actions taken.
- You also accept that we are not liable for any damages or losses caused by you, or anyone else who has accessed your account.
- You have full control over what is displayed on your profile to other members, barring your name, country, age, gender, relationship status, username and looking for. Anything else, you have the choice to either input the information, or keep it private. We can not be hold liable for anything resulting in information you post. Whether it be personal or contact information.
- In the event of your account being accessed by a third party, you agree to resolve the issue as quick as possible by submitting a password reset and emailing us.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Upon account termination, your account will become inaccessible and removed from the website, along with all associated information including messages, photos, posts, activity, friends and groups.
- You agree that this information will become irretrievable.
- In the event of a self-termination or deletion of data, we, RemoteFriends accepts no liability.
- By using the website, you agree that we have the sole discretion to terminate or restrict your account at any moment if we believe you have violated the Terms of Service in any way.
- We also hold the right to remove any accounts which we deem to be inactive or spam at any moment without limitation.
- Upon the termination of accounts conducted by the website, all information and data associated with the account will also be deleted.
- At any moment, RemoteFriends has the right to discontinue its service, or any part of at its sole discretion without any notice.
- RemoteFriends holds the right to refuse any further access to the website and any of it’s members features.
- If your account is terminated by the website, we may do so at any moment without any warning/notice. You agree that we can also remove any data/information associated with the account upon its deletion.
- You agree that we may also remove parts of your profile that we deem inappropriate or go against the Terms of Service.
- You agree that RemoteFriends will not accept liability for removal/termination of an account and/or its data by a third party.
In no event shall RemoteFriends or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on RemoteFriends’ website, even if RemoteFriends or a RemoteFriends authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on RemoteFriends’ website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. RemoteFriends does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. RemoteFriends may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However RemoteFriends does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by RemoteFriends.
RemoteFriends has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that RemoteFriends shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.